Health & Safety Manager
This position is responsible for the safety protocols followed on various factory operations during
both the Campaign (operating) and Inter-Campaign (maintenance) Season, organizes safety training
for employees, maintain and enhance the organization's H&S by planning, implementing, and
evaluating employee dynamics, as well as H&S policies,
programs, and practices while meeting Company standards of excellence. The H&S Manager will ensure
all personnel are compliant with all federal and state health and safety laws, as well as
regulations and rules. Routine guidance with personnel on safety policies, updates, and compliance
with standard practices and laws. This position reports to the Vice President Processing.
Essential Job Duties:
• Effective planning, monitoring, and verification of Company safety programs.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards including but not limited to OSHA and
• Visit work areas to conduct safety audits on personnel, equipment, and materials.
• This position may participate in several manufacturing committees, including but not limited to,
the Food Safety and Quality Committee, Safety and Sanitation Committee, as assigned by supervisor.
• Evaluate, assess, and alter safety procedures and policies for the benefit of employees.
• Analyze accident reports, incident reports and evaluate injury case studies based on available
• Prepare and conduct safety training sessions for employees and vendors.
• Track incident metrics and apply findings.
• Annual reporting of OSHA logs.
• Ability to report on projects regarding safety trends and incidents to management and OSHA.
• Lead injury and incident inquiries and evaluations.
• Ensure safety training specified for onboarding is appropriate for each department and position.
• Ensure annual training of all personnel in basic safety procedures, as well as specified and
additional training, and document all training given.
• Work closely with supervisors and managers to ensure all personnel are trained sufficiently.
• Other duties as required by the business.
• Adhere to all company policies and all safety, food safety, feed safety, and sanitation rules and
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• At least two years’ experience in Health and Safety or similar position preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in similar field preferred.
• Experience in manufacturing setting preferred.
Competencies and skill set
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Proficient typing and computer skills.
• Organization and time management skills.
• Ability to follow established procedures.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced manufacturing
Physical Demands and Expectations
• Able to lift, bend, walk, and climb stairs.
• Able to work in varying temperatures from below zero to above 100 ⁰F.
• Ability to lift over 50 lbs.
Newly enrolled students in a healthcare career pathway may be eligible for up to $10,000
toward the cost of completing a qualified healthcare program within a 2-year timeframe.
Preference will be given to those enrolled in a Nursing Pathway or Behavioral
Health Pathway; however, other healthcare career pathways are also eligible.
Field Service Technician
Job Description: Field Service Technician
Purpose & Accountabilities:
Key responsibilities are providing delivery of lubricant products and lubrication technical services to Mining customers. Key deliverables are to ensure products are delivered on time in a safe manner while ensuring quality in every task. Assist with managing long-term customer relationships in the field.
• Be responsible and proactive in HSSE (Health, Safety, Security, and Environment), accountable for personal “Goal Zero” for safety incidents. Be a Safety leader to SWRS team and customers.
• Perform bulk and pack lubricant deliveries, field services and repairs to customer’s equipment.
• Provide onsite field services at customer locations.
• Oversee warehouse and inventory as well as schedule services/deliveries with customers.
• Assure proper equipment maintenance is being conducted for customer and company equipment.
• Perform periodic inspections on customers’ equipment and provide performance reports.
• Submit oral, written, and computerized reports.
• Conduct surveys to monitor product performance.
• Assist with special projects as they arise.
Attractive competitive salary commensurate with experience and skill with annual sales bonus potential
Robust benefits package with matching 401k program
Home Location: Shell & Whitmore Reliability Solutions, LLC.
Gillette, WY Field Services Offices/Warehouse
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience with Customer services and willingness to understand customer needs.
• Knowledge of Mining Operations.
• Interpersonal Skills.
• Mechanical Skills.
• Decision Making and Problem-Solving skills.
• Well Organized.
• CDL License – Preferred.
• MSHA Certified - Preferred.
• We continue to develop our existing business at this location and across the US. This role will be critical to successful growth. The ideal candidate will depend heavily on a technical base of knowledge to support and grow within our team and will leverage their relationships and network in the Mining industry and will coordinate with a wide range of resources to accomplish targets, including our external partners such as Graco and Shell partners. The successful candidate will also quickly establish internal relationships with SWRS technical team, leadership, and sales teams to manage customers and ensure success through collaboration. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize their time and efforts in a large geography.
• This role will also help to support and refine our overall business strategy and execution in the marketplace, as SWRS seeks to quickly build brand awareness and market share. We are building on our legacy of high-quality lubricants, while aiming to penetrate and exponentially grow to be a major source of revenue for SWRS.
Employer of Equal Opportunities (EEO)
As a US Federal Contractor, hiring selections are subject to periodic audit review and documentation of your selections should be maintained for a period of three calendar years. It is the policy of SWRS in the U.S. to provide equal opportunity to all individuals, employees, and all qualified applicants for employment consistent with employment requirements and qualifications. SWRS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws. All employees are expected to support this policy and contribute to an environment of equal opportunity. If you need accommodation for a disability during the resourcing process, please speak with an HR representative.
If interested in applying for this role, please email a copy of your resume and a short introduction of yourself to:
Bookkeeper / Tax support position for a busy CPA office offering benefits and competitive wage for full-time in person team member. Applicant should have experience with QuickBooks and needs to be organized and have great customer service skills; data entry and spreadsheet knowledge a plus. Deliver your resume to email@example.com or 509 S Kendrick Ave or fax it to (307)682-8739.
SLS West, Inc.
Field Service Technician (3 positions available) Gillette, WY (Starting Wage $22.50 per hour)
Responsible for installing and maintaining automatic lubrication systems on mobile mining equipment such as draglines, shovels and plants and/or manufacturing facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain automatic lubrication systems in plant manufacturing facilities and/or on mobile mining equipment.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust if needed.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with D.O.T., MSHA and OSHA safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
• Work varying shifts, weekends and holidays. Travel required.
• Diagnose problems and make repairs in the field on a 24-hour basis.
• Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.
• Work at heights and confined spaces.
• Prepare and maintain records and reports.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
• Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers’ service specifications.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Possess and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
• Requires a high school diploma/GED
• 3+ years of mechanical experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills
• Able to work rotating shifts and perform on call duties as required by company.
• CDL License (A or B)
• Clean Driving Record
• MSHA & OSHA Certification preferred
• Welding experience preferred
Visit our website at www.slswestlube.com
To apply, qualified applicants should send a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org