SLS West, Inc.
Field Service Technician (3 positions available) Gillette, WY (Starting Wage $22.50 per hour)
Responsible for installing and maintaining automatic lubrication systems on mobile mining equipment such as draglines, shovels and plants and/or manufacturing facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain automatic lubrication systems in plant manufacturing facilities and/or on mobile mining equipment.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust if needed.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with D.O.T., MSHA and OSHA safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
• Work varying shifts, weekends and holidays. Travel required.
• Diagnose problems and make repairs in the field on a 24-hour basis.
• Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.
• Work at heights and confined spaces.
• Prepare and maintain records and reports.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
• Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers’ service specifications.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Possess and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
• Requires a high school diploma/GED
• 3+ years of mechanical experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills
• Able to work rotating shifts and perform on call duties as required by company.
• CDL License (A or B)
• Clean Driving Record
• MSHA & OSHA Certification preferred
• Welding experience preferred
Visit our website at www.slswestlube.com
To apply, qualified applicants should send a current resume to email@example.com
With support from Public Health AmeriCorps, the American Heart Association has launched HeartCorps to accelerate our work around high blood pressure, nutrition security and smoking cessation and advance more equitable health outcomes for rural communities. Members will serve in-person at a health center, hospital, public health department or non-profit organization within the rural community.
We are seeking full-time service members to support this work in Gillette and Sheridan, WY starting May 22, 2023, through August 11 or September 22, 2023. For successful candidates, there is an option to remain for another year from September 2023 – August 2024.
To learn more about HeartCorps click here: HeartCorps: Public Health AmeriCorps at the AHA | American Heart Association
Roles of Service Members:
To address the disproportionate rates of uncontrolled hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases in rural communities, HeartCorps members, under the guidance of their host site, will
• Support blood pressure self-monitoring initiatives in clinic and community settings.
• Facilitate adoption of evidence-based blood pressure measurement practices.
• Enable ongoing blood pressure, nutrition security, and tobacco screening and referral to needed services in clinical or community settings.
• Help identify and collaborate with local resources and organizations to support healthy living and individual and group skill building within the community, including organizing, connecting, and/or delivering community training and education opportunities.
• Connect health centers and community organizations to facilitate ongoing screening and referral for social needs.
• Establish local support for patients/community members in navigating the care or resources they need.
• Promote and implement registration and participation in surveys and research platforms among the diverse populations in the community.
• Launch learning collaboratives for health or community centers with similar populations.
• Plan and implement local engagement events – days of service, town halls or community conversations – to raise awareness of blood pressure, nutrition security, smoking cessation, and cardiovascular health, and related issues and engage the community in supporting one another in key health strategies.
• Cultivate and manage volunteer clubs in local schools or community organizations.
• At least 18 years of age with high school degree or GED.
• United States citizen, United States national, or a lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
• Have reliable transportation.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Willingness to learn and grow during service term.
• Passion for health equity and interest in promoting health in rural America.
• Demonstrated ability to organize responsibilities and meet deadlines.
• Customer focused, solution focused, and creative problem solver. Good listener, non-judgmental, patient, open minded, and resourceful.
• All accepted applicants must successfully pass a national criminal background check to become HeartCorps service members.
• Experience or coursework in public health, health communications, health promotion, or health sciences preferred.
HeartCorps Service Members Will Receive:
• A bi-weekly living stipend of $1062.50 (pre-tax).
• An educational award (pre-tax) upon successful completion of service:
May 22 - September 22, 2023: members will earn 675 hours and upon successful completion will earn an educational award of $2474.27.
May 22 - August 11, 2023: members will earn 450 hours and upon successful completion, will earn an educational award of $1718.25.
• Professional development.
• Direct access to job opportunities upon successful completion of program.
To apply go to https://heartcorps-heart.icims.com/
For questions related to HeartCorps, please email us at HeartCorps@heart.org
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to our volunteers, our workforce, and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Participate & engage in capacity building projects.
Pick your county to serve in
Receive a living allowance
Learn and build skills that last a lifetime
Participate in one of our three major focus areas
Become eligible for the AmeriCorps Education Award
Benefits of Serving:
Opportunities exist in all 23 Wyoming Counties and
the Wind River Indian Reservation
Contact your local Extension
Office or call the State Office for